Rajya Sabha MP criticises Team Anna
Mumbai: Rajya Sabha MP Bhalchandra Mungekar on Saturday slammed Team Anna and condemned the path they have chosen to eradicate corruption.
Without naming any Team Anna member, he said, "I condemn it openly, the path that some people have chosen to eradicate corruption, as it will destroy the constitutional democracy."
"Five-six persons are chosen from among themselves. They give out their own character certificates and are totally unaccountable to anybody," he said during a symposium titled `Maharashtra-Past, Present and Future`, organised to mark the birth centenary of Maharashtra`s first Chief Minister Y B Chavan.
"Their leader has no knowledge of anything. Such people have tried to degrade the constitutional process," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary