Rakhi Sawant seeks Rs 50 cr in damage from Digvijay
Mumbai: Irked over Digvijay Singh`s remark comparing her to Arvind Kejriwal, Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant has issued letters to Mumbai police Commissioner and Maharashtra Home Secretary asking them to book the Congress general secretary for "outraging" her modesty.
Claiming to be "deeply aggrieved" by Singh`s comments, Sawant has said she has also asked her lawyer to issue a defamation notice to the Congress leader and seek Rs 50 crore in damages for attacking her "noble character".
In her letter to the police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, state Home Secretary and senior police inspector of suburban Goregaon police station, Sawant has said, "I do not know Digvijay personally. By passing such comment he (Digvijay) has lowered my image and reputation."
"I have already issued instruction to my lawyer Ejaz Naqvi to issue notice of defamation and damage of Rs 50 crore from Digvijay Singh. This is a gruesome attack on my noble character," the letter states.
Singh had in his tweet yesterday compared activist-turned-politician Kejriwal with Rakhi saying they both try and expose but without any substance.
"Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant. They both try and expose but with no substance," Singh tweeted.
He, however, also sought apology from Sawant, saying "Apologies to Rakhi Sawant I am an old fan of hers !"
Kejriwal has in the last few weeks targeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra for his land deals with DLF, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly misusing funds allotted to his NGO, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari in the Maharashtra irrigation scam, besides corporate giants including Mukesh Ambani.
Sawant has requested the police Commissioner to order registration of a complaint for Singh`s "lewd and derogatory" remark.
"Digvijay should be charged under the provisions of section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), 427 (mischief), 500 (defamation) and 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with life or other imprisonment) of IPC and also under the Information Technology Act. The matter should be probed by CBI," the letter demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP