Ralegan villagers observe token fast in support of Anna
Mumbai: Villagers of Ralegan Siddhi, the native village of social activist Anna Hazare, today observed a day-long hunger strike in support of Hazare, who has begun a fast at Jantar Mantar in the national capital.
"The villagers observed a day-long hunger strike in Anna`s support," Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told PTI over phone.
The villagers also took out a mashal morcha (torch rally) to support the agitation, he added.
Hazare today joined three of his team members in their indefinite fast after his four-day ultimatum to the government to concede to his demands on Lokpal Bill found no response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell