Ralegan villagers observe token fast in support of Anna
Mumbai: Villagers of Ralegan Siddhi, the native village of social activist Anna Hazare, today observed a day-long hunger strike in support of Hazare, who has begun a fast at Jantar Mantar in the national capital.
"The villagers observed a day-long hunger strike in Anna`s support," Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told PTI over phone.
The villagers also took out a mashal morcha (torch rally) to support the agitation, he added.
Hazare today joined three of his team members in their indefinite fast after his four-day ultimatum to the government to concede to his demands on Lokpal Bill found no response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest