Rallies organised in Mumbai in Hazare`s support
Mumbai: Rallies were organised in several
parts of Mumbai on Monday in support of Anna Hazare`s indefinite
hunger strike, set to start in Delhi on Tuesday, against
government`s Lokpal Bill.
Mayank Gandhi of the India Against Corruption said more
than 55 rallies were organised by citizens, responding to SMS
and other online initiatives of the pro-Hazare organisation.
"People came out in support spontaneously," he said.
Tomorrow, Hazare`s supporters will throng the railway
stations urging people not to go to work and dedicate one day
to the cause.
"They should join us and come out on to the streets,
chanting Vande Mataram and holding the national flag," he
said. According to him, the volunteers will reach Azad Maidan
in south Mumbai by 11am tomorrow to start their hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi