Rallies organised in Mumbai in Hazare`s support
Mumbai: Rallies were organised in several
parts of Mumbai on Monday in support of Anna Hazare`s indefinite
hunger strike, set to start in Delhi on Tuesday, against
government`s Lokpal Bill.
Mayank Gandhi of the India Against Corruption said more
than 55 rallies were organised by citizens, responding to SMS
and other online initiatives of the pro-Hazare organisation.
"People came out in support spontaneously," he said.
Tomorrow, Hazare`s supporters will throng the railway
stations urging people not to go to work and dedicate one day
to the cause.
"They should join us and come out on to the streets,
chanting Vande Mataram and holding the national flag," he
said. According to him, the volunteers will reach Azad Maidan
in south Mumbai by 11am tomorrow to start their hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`