Rally against female foeticide in Yavatmal
Yavatmal: A public rally was taken out in the city to stress the need for checking female foeticide and seek people`s help for `save girl child` programme.
The speakers at the event, held in the city yesterday, called for effective measures to control female foeticide in Maharashtra.
They urged the couples to treat their children, son or daughter, alike and highlighted how the malpractice could cause an imbalance in the human sex ratio in times to come.
Students from various educational institutions, NGOs alongwith district administration, police officials and mediapersons participated in the rally displaying placards and banners on the ill-effects of growing female foeticides in the state.
On the occasion, the girls who have overcome their disabilities and displayed exemplary achievements in life were felicitated by district Collector Ashwin Mudgal.
Various district officials and social workers participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims