Rally against female foeticide in Yavatmal
Yavatmal: A public rally was taken out in the city to stress the need for checking female foeticide and seek people`s help for `save girl child` programme.
The speakers at the event, held in the city yesterday, called for effective measures to control female foeticide in Maharashtra.
They urged the couples to treat their children, son or daughter, alike and highlighted how the malpractice could cause an imbalance in the human sex ratio in times to come.
Students from various educational institutions, NGOs alongwith district administration, police officials and mediapersons participated in the rally displaying placards and banners on the ill-effects of growing female foeticides in the state.
On the occasion, the girls who have overcome their disabilities and displayed exemplary achievements in life were felicitated by district Collector Ashwin Mudgal.
Various district officials and social workers participated in the event.
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day