Rally against female foeticide in Yavatmal
Yavatmal: A public rally was taken out in the city to stress the need for checking female foeticide and seek people`s help for `save girl child` programme.
The speakers at the event, held in the city yesterday, called for effective measures to control female foeticide in Maharashtra.
They urged the couples to treat their children, son or daughter, alike and highlighted how the malpractice could cause an imbalance in the human sex ratio in times to come.
Students from various educational institutions, NGOs alongwith district administration, police officials and mediapersons participated in the rally displaying placards and banners on the ill-effects of growing female foeticides in the state.
On the occasion, the girls who have overcome their disabilities and displayed exemplary achievements in life were felicitated by district Collector Ashwin Mudgal.
Various district officials and social workers participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP