Rally against female foeticide in Yavatmal
Yavatmal: A public rally was taken out in the city to stress the need for checking female foeticide and seek people`s help for `save girl child` programme.
The speakers at the event, held in the city yesterday, called for effective measures to control female foeticide in Maharashtra.
They urged the couples to treat their children, son or daughter, alike and highlighted how the malpractice could cause an imbalance in the human sex ratio in times to come.
Students from various educational institutions, NGOs alongwith district administration, police officials and mediapersons participated in the rally displaying placards and banners on the ill-effects of growing female foeticides in the state.
On the occasion, the girls who have overcome their disabilities and displayed exemplary achievements in life were felicitated by district Collector Ashwin Mudgal.
Various district officials and social workers participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?