Rally held for speedy bifurcation of Thane distric
Thane: An all party rally was organised by the Palghar Zila Mukhyalaya Samiti to press for the demand of bifurcation of Thane district by January 26 this year.
A memorandum demanding declaration of Palghar district with Palghar as district headquarters by January 26 addressed to the Maharashtra Chief Minister was handed over to Palghar tehsildar Surendra Navle by all party leaders in the presence of state Minister for Tribal Development Rajendra Gavit yesterday.
The government has reportedly preferred Palghar as the new district headquarters for the second district after bifurcation of Thane.
The samiti demanded that the tribal pocket comprising one-third of the district`s population be separated from the existing Thane district.
Following this, the Thane district may be further divided without any delay as several of its pockets have been marred by underinvestment of public funds, low industrial progress and agriculture productivity since a long time.
The rally was represented by local leaders from various parties including Congress, NCP, BJP, Shiv Sena, MNS, RPI and Janta Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth