Rally held for speedy bifurcation of Thane distric
Thane: An all party rally was organised by the Palghar Zila Mukhyalaya Samiti to press for the demand of bifurcation of Thane district by January 26 this year.
A memorandum demanding declaration of Palghar district with Palghar as district headquarters by January 26 addressed to the Maharashtra Chief Minister was handed over to Palghar tehsildar Surendra Navle by all party leaders in the presence of state Minister for Tribal Development Rajendra Gavit yesterday.
The government has reportedly preferred Palghar as the new district headquarters for the second district after bifurcation of Thane.
The samiti demanded that the tribal pocket comprising one-third of the district`s population be separated from the existing Thane district.
Following this, the Thane district may be further divided without any delay as several of its pockets have been marred by underinvestment of public funds, low industrial progress and agriculture productivity since a long time.
The rally was represented by local leaders from various parties including Congress, NCP, BJP, Shiv Sena, MNS, RPI and Janta Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video