Ramdev`s action childish, frivolous: Sachin Pilot
Mumbai: Union Minister Sachin Pilot has
termed yoga guru Ramdev`s conduct as "childish and frivolous",
saying he should stick to being a "good yogi" and meet the
expectations of keeping "a billion people healthy".
"You can`t make comments, do a press conference,
demand something, be childish and frivolous about it and then
go on a fast and be cajoled into breaking it," the Union
Minister of State for Communications and IT said, addressing a
gathering of the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry here
late Monday evening.
If he is interested in politics, Ramdev should "wear
a regular kurta pajama and not the salwar kameez (which the
yoga guru wore while trying to flee from the Ramlila ground),
join the fray, fight election and we will see," Pilot said.
"Baba Ramdev is a good yogi and he should try and do
what he does best. He has a large responsibility of keeping a
billion people healthy," he said.
"It is the right of a citizen to protest but there
comes a point beyond which you must not play with the
sovereignty of our established institutions," he said,
referring to the protests by Ramdev and civil society members
led by Anna Hazare.
On the drafting of the Lokpal Bill, Pilot said members
of the civil society should contribute "meaningfully" and
hoped that the government will be able to introduce the Bill
in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali