Ramdev`s action childish, frivolous: Sachin Pilot
Mumbai: Union Minister Sachin Pilot has
termed yoga guru Ramdev`s conduct as "childish and frivolous",
saying he should stick to being a "good yogi" and meet the
expectations of keeping "a billion people healthy".
"You can`t make comments, do a press conference,
demand something, be childish and frivolous about it and then
go on a fast and be cajoled into breaking it," the Union
Minister of State for Communications and IT said, addressing a
gathering of the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry here
late Monday evening.
If he is interested in politics, Ramdev should "wear
a regular kurta pajama and not the salwar kameez (which the
yoga guru wore while trying to flee from the Ramlila ground),
join the fray, fight election and we will see," Pilot said.
"Baba Ramdev is a good yogi and he should try and do
what he does best. He has a large responsibility of keeping a
billion people healthy," he said.
"It is the right of a citizen to protest but there
comes a point beyond which you must not play with the
sovereignty of our established institutions," he said,
referring to the protests by Ramdev and civil society members
led by Anna Hazare.
On the drafting of the Lokpal Bill, Pilot said members
of the civil society should contribute "meaningfully" and
hoped that the government will be able to introduce the Bill
in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India