Ramdev`s action childish, frivolous: Sachin Pilot
Mumbai: Union Minister Sachin Pilot has
termed yoga guru Ramdev`s conduct as "childish and frivolous",
saying he should stick to being a "good yogi" and meet the
expectations of keeping "a billion people healthy".
"You can`t make comments, do a press conference,
demand something, be childish and frivolous about it and then
go on a fast and be cajoled into breaking it," the Union
Minister of State for Communications and IT said, addressing a
gathering of the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry here
late Monday evening.
If he is interested in politics, Ramdev should "wear
a regular kurta pajama and not the salwar kameez (which the
yoga guru wore while trying to flee from the Ramlila ground),
join the fray, fight election and we will see," Pilot said.
"Baba Ramdev is a good yogi and he should try and do
what he does best. He has a large responsibility of keeping a
billion people healthy," he said.
"It is the right of a citizen to protest but there
comes a point beyond which you must not play with the
sovereignty of our established institutions," he said,
referring to the protests by Ramdev and civil society members
led by Anna Hazare.
On the drafting of the Lokpal Bill, Pilot said members
of the civil society should contribute "meaningfully" and
hoped that the government will be able to introduce the Bill
in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites