Ramesh to visit Mumbai for reviewing CRZ regulations
Mumbai: Union Minister of State for
Communications and IT Gurudas Kamat met Union Environment
Minister Jairam Ramesh in Delhi today and discussed various
impediments in the development of Mumbai due to Environmental
and Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) regulations.
Ramesh will visit here late this month to get a first
hand review of CRZ regulations regarding various development
issues here, Kamat said.
Kamat, representing Mumbai North West parliamentary
constituency, said the regulations needed to be diluted to
expand the road infrastructure and expedite re-development of
several colonies and slums.
Kamat, in a letter sent to Ramesh on July 26, asked
for the clearance of Navi Mumbai International Airport as well
as asked for dilution of CRZ Rules which, he said, had
affected redevelopment of poor and middle income colonies and
Kamat said the Versova-Goregaon Link Road,
redevelopment of Bangur Nagar in Goregaon and Sardar Vallabhai
Patel Nagar in Versova had been stalled.
The minister invited Ramesh for on-the-site inspection
and said the environment minister`s proposal where 51 per cent
Government/MHADA participation was insisted upon, was not
workable as per his (Kamat’s) estimate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla