Ramesh to visit Mumbai for reviewing CRZ regulations
Mumbai: Union Minister of State for
Communications and IT Gurudas Kamat met Union Environment
Minister Jairam Ramesh in Delhi today and discussed various
impediments in the development of Mumbai due to Environmental
and Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) regulations.
Ramesh will visit here late this month to get a first
hand review of CRZ regulations regarding various development
issues here, Kamat said.
Kamat, representing Mumbai North West parliamentary
constituency, said the regulations needed to be diluted to
expand the road infrastructure and expedite re-development of
several colonies and slums.
Kamat, in a letter sent to Ramesh on July 26, asked
for the clearance of Navi Mumbai International Airport as well
as asked for dilution of CRZ Rules which, he said, had
affected redevelopment of poor and middle income colonies and
Kamat said the Versova-Goregaon Link Road,
redevelopment of Bangur Nagar in Goregaon and Sardar Vallabhai
Patel Nagar in Versova had been stalled.
The minister invited Ramesh for on-the-site inspection
and said the environment minister`s proposal where 51 per cent
Government/MHADA participation was insisted upon, was not
workable as per his (Kamat’s) estimate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say