Rane aide Sarmalkar returns to Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Shrikant Sarmalkar, close aide of
Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, Saturday returned
to Shiv Sena after five years in Congress.
Sarmalkar left the saffron party along with Rane in 2005,
and joined Congress. However, he did not get any important
post there, which made him disgruntled.
Sarmalkar reentered Sena today in the presence of
party chief Bal Thackeray and executive president Uddhav
Thackeray, at the Thackerays residence, ‘Matoshree’, here.
Speaking to media afterwards, Sarmalkar said, "I regret
leaving Shiv Sena. I did not get any scope to work there (in
Congress) and wanted to come back to the party from where I
started (political career)."
Uddhav Thackeray said, "It is true that for some time he
was not with us, and now he is back. There are few others who
want to return. But we will not take in everybody."
Congress sources said that Sarmalkar had been already
sidelined by Rane, following his differences with Rane`s son,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued