Rane aide Sarmalkar returns to Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Shrikant Sarmalkar, close aide of
Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, Saturday returned
to Shiv Sena after five years in Congress.
Sarmalkar left the saffron party along with Rane in 2005,
and joined Congress. However, he did not get any important
post there, which made him disgruntled.
Sarmalkar reentered Sena today in the presence of
party chief Bal Thackeray and executive president Uddhav
Thackeray, at the Thackerays residence, ‘Matoshree’, here.
Speaking to media afterwards, Sarmalkar said, "I regret
leaving Shiv Sena. I did not get any scope to work there (in
Congress) and wanted to come back to the party from where I
started (political career)."
Uddhav Thackeray said, "It is true that for some time he
was not with us, and now he is back. There are few others who
want to return. But we will not take in everybody."
Congress sources said that Sarmalkar had been already
sidelined by Rane, following his differences with Rane`s son,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what