Rane asks EC to scrap Sena`s registration as state party
Mumbai: Terming Shiv Sena`s agitation over
the non-Maharashtrian issue as "unconstitutional", Maharashtra
Revenue Minister Narayan Rane on Friday asked Election Commission
to cancel registration of the party.
"Shiv Sena has raised the issue of non-Maharashtrians
from Mumbai which is completely contrary to its own
constitution and laws of the country. I request you to cancel
their registration," Rane said in a letter to the Chief
Sena was recognised as a state political party by
accepting certain rules and constitution, Rane said, adding
they have agreed to the ideology of democracy and belief that
all citizens should be equal before the law.
"It was stated that they believe in common civil code for
all citizens irrespective of their casts, creed, religion,
language," the Minister said.
However, the party should now make it clear if they still
believe in national integrity by raising the issue of
non-Maharashtrians, Rane said.
"The Commission should ask Sena to file an affidavit
stating they believe in national integration," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!