Rane criticises Sena, MNS over Mumbai row
Mumbai: Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan
Rane on Tuesday criticised opposition parties Shiv Sena and MNS for
allegedly creating controversy over Marathi pride and the row
"Oppositions have nothing to speak on development of the
state, so they are raising such issues," Rane told reporters
People of Maharashtra have lot of problems from water to
unemployment but no opposition leader is talking on that, Rane
said. "What would one get only from reactions?," he asked.
Asked if he supports Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s stand
on the issue, Rane said, "I would support my leaders and the
"Any citizen can go anywhere in the country as per the
Constitution and how can a government go against it?," he
On the issue of priority to the son of the soil, he said
it was already given to them by the law.
The Congress leader blamed BMC for being indifferent
towards the people`s problems. "There are lot of issues like
drainage, cleaning, growing slums but BMC is not paying any
attention to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her