Rane, Patil among 316 candidates who filed nominations today
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister
Narayan Rane and Home Minister Jayant Patil were prominent
among the 316 candidates who filed their nominations today for
the October 13 Assembly elections.
Rane filed his nomination from Kudal in Sindhudurg
district while Patil filed his papers from Islampur in Western
Though, Congress and NCP are yet to declare their
alliance as well as list of candidates officially.
State Election Commission office said among the total
candidates, who filed their papers today, 12 were women.
Gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli and Deepak Nikalje,
brother of underworld don Chhota Rajan also filed their
Deepak Nikalje filed his nomination from Chembur
constituency on RPI ticket. Nikalje was also in touch with
Shiv Sena executive chief Uddhav Thackeray and met him earlier
Gawli, sitting MLA from Byculla in central Mumbai, also
filed his nomination. On behlaf of Gawali, who is in jail, his
daughter Geeta and wife Asha submitted the nomination form at
Agripada poll office.
BJP MLA Mangal Prabhat Lodha and corporator Ashish Shelar
also filed their nominations from Malabar Hill in south Mumbai
and suburban Bandra (West) respectively.
The last date for filing nominations is September 25,
that of scrutiny is September 26 while September 29 is the
last date for withdrawal of nomination papers. Counting of
votes will take place on October 22.
As many as 54 nomination papers including 24 from
Amravati division were filed today from the Vidarbha region
for the October 13 Maharashtra assembly polls.
Sitting BJP MLA Chandrashekhar Bawankule (Kamptee), Shiv
Sena MLA Ashish Jaiswal (Ramtek) and Omprakash alias Bachcu
Kadu (Achalpur) were among those who filed their papers today.
A total of 73 nomination papers have been filed including
35 from Amravati division since the filing of nominations
began on September 18, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune