Rane takes potshots at Maha govt for complaint against son
Mumbai: Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan
Rane today took potshots at the state government for the speed
at which a police complaint was filed against his son Nitesh
in a firing case.
Without taking names, Rane said the manner in which DCP
Amitabh Gupta himself took the lead in registering a criminal
complaint against his son shows how efficient the state
"When Nitesh was implicated in a case recently, Gupta
himself went to Powai from Khar to register the complaint when
it could have been done by any other police official. It shows
that the government is sensitive to complaints from
opposition," Rane said sarcastically at the 2nd anniversary of
his newspaper `Prahar`.
He said, "I think with senior police officers like Gupta
at the helm, Mumbai will be free of serious law and order
Rane`s foe-turned-friend Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh,
who was present at the event, said even though he is in Delhi
now, he keeps a "bird`s eyeview" of what`s happening in the
"I felt good to know that senior police officials
themselves went to register criminal complaints. This was not
the case in my time. Criminal complaints were registered only
after proper investigations," he said.
Swabhiman activist Chintu Sheikh had alleged that Rane`s
son had shot him when he visited his office at Khar and an
attempt to murder case was registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video