Rape accused DIG Sunil Paraskar gets anticipatory bail
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Tuesday granted anticipatory bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape by a Mumbai model.
While granting anticipatory bail to DIG Sunil Paraskar, the sessions court observed that custodial interrogation of the accused is not required.
The public prosecutor and victim`s lawyer had both objected to Paraskar`s anticipatory bail plea and had appealed for custodial interrogation.
Speaking after the court hearing, Paraskar said that “the allegations against me are false.”
The model had filed a complaint against Paraskar on July 23 accusing him of raping and molesting her between November 2013 and March 2014 when he was posted as the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) with the Mumbai Police.
Following the complaint, Paraskar was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home etc) and 354 (D) (stalking).
The 57-year-old DIG (Protection of Civil Rights Units) is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it