Rape accused DIG Sunil Paraskar gets anticipatory bail
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Tuesday granted anticipatory bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape by a Mumbai model.
While granting anticipatory bail to DIG Sunil Paraskar, the sessions court observed that custodial interrogation of the accused is not required.
The public prosecutor and victim`s lawyer had both objected to Paraskar`s anticipatory bail plea and had appealed for custodial interrogation.
Speaking after the court hearing, Paraskar said that “the allegations against me are false.”
The model had filed a complaint against Paraskar on July 23 accusing him of raping and molesting her between November 2013 and March 2014 when he was posted as the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) with the Mumbai Police.
Following the complaint, Paraskar was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home etc) and 354 (D) (stalking).
The 57-year-old DIG (Protection of Civil Rights Units) is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months