Rape accused DIG Sunil Paraskar gets anticipatory bail
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Tuesday granted anticipatory bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape by a Mumbai model.
While granting anticipatory bail to DIG Sunil Paraskar, the sessions court observed that custodial interrogation of the accused is not required.
The public prosecutor and victim`s lawyer had both objected to Paraskar`s anticipatory bail plea and had appealed for custodial interrogation.
Speaking after the court hearing, Paraskar said that “the allegations against me are false.”
The model had filed a complaint against Paraskar on July 23 accusing him of raping and molesting her between November 2013 and March 2014 when he was posted as the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) with the Mumbai Police.
Following the complaint, Paraskar was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home etc) and 354 (D) (stalking).
The 57-year-old DIG (Protection of Civil Rights Units) is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS