Rape accused DIG Sunil Paraskar gets anticipatory bail
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Tuesday granted anticipatory bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape by a Mumbai model.
While granting anticipatory bail to DIG Sunil Paraskar, the sessions court observed that custodial interrogation of the accused is not required.
The public prosecutor and victim`s lawyer had both objected to Paraskar`s anticipatory bail plea and had appealed for custodial interrogation.
Speaking after the court hearing, Paraskar said that “the allegations against me are false.”
The model had filed a complaint against Paraskar on July 23 accusing him of raping and molesting her between November 2013 and March 2014 when he was posted as the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) with the Mumbai Police.
Following the complaint, Paraskar was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home etc) and 354 (D) (stalking).
The 57-year-old DIG (Protection of Civil Rights Units) is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!