Rape accused DIG Sunil Paraskar gets anticipatory bail
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Tuesday granted anticipatory bail to senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape by a Mumbai model.
While granting anticipatory bail to DIG Sunil Paraskar, the sessions court observed that custodial interrogation of the accused is not required.
The public prosecutor and victim`s lawyer had both objected to Paraskar`s anticipatory bail plea and had appealed for custodial interrogation.
Speaking after the court hearing, Paraskar said that “the allegations against me are false.”
The model had filed a complaint against Paraskar on July 23 accusing him of raping and molesting her between November 2013 and March 2014 when he was posted as the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) with the Mumbai Police.
Following the complaint, Paraskar was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home etc) and 354 (D) (stalking).
The 57-year-old DIG (Protection of Civil Rights Units) is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener