Rape bid case: Cop custody of school Vice-Principal extended
Pune: The police custody of the Vice Principal of National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco High School here, held for allegedly molesting a Class X girl and attempting to rape her, has been extended up to January 29 by a local court.
Father Egidius Francis Falcao, arrested on January 21 night, was produced before Judicial Magistrate First Class Rohidas Wankhade after his police custody ended on Saturday.
Police sought further custody of Falcao, which was granted by the court.
Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani informed the court that examination of call data records of Falcao and the girl revealed they were present in the school at Yerawada when the alleged incident took place on January 2.
Some supporters of Falcao had claimed a day after his arrest that the 14-year-old victim was absent on January 2 as per school records and staff members had said she was an irregular student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days