Rape bid case: Cop custody of school Vice-Principal extended
Pune: The police custody of the Vice Principal of National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco High School here, held for allegedly molesting a Class X girl and attempting to rape her, has been extended up to January 29 by a local court.
Father Egidius Francis Falcao, arrested on January 21 night, was produced before Judicial Magistrate First Class Rohidas Wankhade after his police custody ended on Saturday.
Police sought further custody of Falcao, which was granted by the court.
Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani informed the court that examination of call data records of Falcao and the girl revealed they were present in the school at Yerawada when the alleged incident took place on January 2.
Some supporters of Falcao had claimed a day after his arrest that the 14-year-old victim was absent on January 2 as per school records and staff members had said she was an irregular student.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'