Rape bid case: Cop custody of school Vice-Principal extended
Pune: The police custody of the Vice Principal of National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco High School here, held for allegedly molesting a Class X girl and attempting to rape her, has been extended up to January 29 by a local court.
Father Egidius Francis Falcao, arrested on January 21 night, was produced before Judicial Magistrate First Class Rohidas Wankhade after his police custody ended on Saturday.
Police sought further custody of Falcao, which was granted by the court.
Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani informed the court that examination of call data records of Falcao and the girl revealed they were present in the school at Yerawada when the alleged incident took place on January 2.
Some supporters of Falcao had claimed a day after his arrest that the 14-year-old victim was absent on January 2 as per school records and staff members had said she was an irregular student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends