Rape bid case: Cop custody of school Vice-Principal extended
Pune: The police custody of the Vice Principal of National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco High School here, held for allegedly molesting a Class X girl and attempting to rape her, has been extended up to January 29 by a local court.
Father Egidius Francis Falcao, arrested on January 21 night, was produced before Judicial Magistrate First Class Rohidas Wankhade after his police custody ended on Saturday.
Police sought further custody of Falcao, which was granted by the court.
Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani informed the court that examination of call data records of Falcao and the girl revealed they were present in the school at Yerawada when the alleged incident took place on January 2.
Some supporters of Falcao had claimed a day after his arrest that the 14-year-old victim was absent on January 2 as per school records and staff members had said she was an irregular student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"