Rape bid case: Cop custody of school Vice-Principal extended
Pune: The police custody of the Vice Principal of National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco High School here, held for allegedly molesting a Class X girl and attempting to rape her, has been extended up to January 29 by a local court.
Father Egidius Francis Falcao, arrested on January 21 night, was produced before Judicial Magistrate First Class Rohidas Wankhade after his police custody ended on Saturday.
Police sought further custody of Falcao, which was granted by the court.
Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani informed the court that examination of call data records of Falcao and the girl revealed they were present in the school at Yerawada when the alleged incident took place on January 2.
Some supporters of Falcao had claimed a day after his arrest that the 14-year-old victim was absent on January 2 as per school records and staff members had said she was an irregular student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar