`Rape victim`s statement to be recorded before magistrate`
Mumbai: The statement of a model-turned- actress, who had accused senior IPS official Sunil Paraskar of rape, will be recorded before a Magistrate, police said Friday.
They also questioned the owner of the bungalow where the alleged sexual assault took place.
An officer privy to the probe today said, "The statement of the victim will be recorded before a Magistrate under CrPC Section 164. We wrote to the Magistrate concerned seeking time for recording the statement."
The statement, recorded under CrPC 164 in front of a Metropolitan Magistrate or Judicial Magistrate, is treated as authentic and is admissible in court.
The investigators also visited the bungalow, Madh Island Beach, in north Mumbai where she was allegedly raped by Paraskar, the officer said, adding the statements of bungalow owner and its watchman were recorded.
As part of the probe, police are now seeking the call data records of the accused, a DIG-level officer, as well as the 25-year-old victim, who claimed the rape and molestation took place between November 2013 and January 2014.
Following a complaint by the model, the 57-year-old IPS officer was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking which interferes with the mental peace of a person or causes distress, fear of violence or alarm) at Malwani Police Station on Wednesday.
Paraskar, Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights Units), is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?