`Rape victim`s statement to be recorded before magistrate`
Mumbai: The statement of a model-turned- actress, who had accused senior IPS official Sunil Paraskar of rape, will be recorded before a Magistrate, police said Friday.
They also questioned the owner of the bungalow where the alleged sexual assault took place.
An officer privy to the probe today said, "The statement of the victim will be recorded before a Magistrate under CrPC Section 164. We wrote to the Magistrate concerned seeking time for recording the statement."
The statement, recorded under CrPC 164 in front of a Metropolitan Magistrate or Judicial Magistrate, is treated as authentic and is admissible in court.
The investigators also visited the bungalow, Madh Island Beach, in north Mumbai where she was allegedly raped by Paraskar, the officer said, adding the statements of bungalow owner and its watchman were recorded.
As part of the probe, police are now seeking the call data records of the accused, a DIG-level officer, as well as the 25-year-old victim, who claimed the rape and molestation took place between November 2013 and January 2014.
Following a complaint by the model, the 57-year-old IPS officer was booked under IPC sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking which interferes with the mental peace of a person or causes distress, fear of violence or alarm) at Malwani Police Station on Wednesday.
Paraskar, Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights Units), is at present posted at the Maharashtra Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes