Rapists of 13-year-old minor girl held
Mumbai: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped in a house in suburban Vakola by four youths, who were arrested on Friday, along with the victim`s female friend for her alleged role in the crime, police said.
The accused Melwin D`Souza (22), Sachin Yadav (22), Bipin Singh (22), Venkatesh Naidu (20) and a 16-year-old girl, who is friend of the victim, were booked for abduction and gangrape among other IPC sections, an officer at the Vakola police station said.
According to police, Melwin invited his 16-year-old female friend to his residence in Vakola`s Gamdevi area for his birthday celebrations last night.
The girl took her 13-year-old friend to Melwin`s house at about 7.30 pm yesterday. Melwin`s three other friends Yadav, Singh and Naidu were also present in the house.
After the six had a friendly chat, the boys started consuming alcohol.
However, the victim`s drink was allegedly spiked due to which she lost consciousness, after which she was allegedly gangraped, police said.
After gaining consciousness, the victim went to her house and informed her mother about the pain in her private parts.
She was taken to a doctor, who stated that she was raped, the police said, adding that the victim along with her mother went to police station last night itself, after which all the accused were booked under relevant IPC sections.
The five were apprehended from their hideouts in the city this morning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest