Rash driving: Model Aparna Sharma arrested in Mum
Mumbai: Model and ex-Miss India contestant Aparna Sharma was arrested in a case of alleged rash driving in which a couple was injured here early this morning, police said on Saturday.
The model was later granted bail. Sharma was driving her Maruti SX4 car at a "very high speed" in Lokhandwala area in suburbs at about 1 AM and lost control over her vehicle and rammed it into a moving Honda City car, a motorcycle and a parked auto-rickshaw, they said.
A couple travelling in the Honda City car suffered minor injures, police said, adding that she was arrested immediately and later granted bail after furnishing a personal bond of Rs 10,000.
Her blood sample was sent for medical examination and the report suggested that she was not under the influence of alcohol, police.
Sharma has been booked under Sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 427 (mischief causing damage) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in SSLC Results 2016: MBOSE Meghalaya Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 declared
- 'I swear my allegiance to Sonia ji, Rahul ji', say West Bengal Congress MLAs on a stamp paper
- Faintest galaxy ever captured by scientists