Rash driving: Model Aparna Sharma arrested in Mum
Mumbai: Model and ex-Miss India contestant Aparna Sharma was arrested in a case of alleged rash driving in which a couple was injured here early this morning, police said on Saturday.
The model was later granted bail. Sharma was driving her Maruti SX4 car at a "very high speed" in Lokhandwala area in suburbs at about 1 AM and lost control over her vehicle and rammed it into a moving Honda City car, a motorcycle and a parked auto-rickshaw, they said.
A couple travelling in the Honda City car suffered minor injures, police said, adding that she was arrested immediately and later granted bail after furnishing a personal bond of Rs 10,000.
Her blood sample was sent for medical examination and the report suggested that she was not under the influence of alcohol, police.
Sharma has been booked under Sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 427 (mischief causing damage) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey