Rash driving: Model Aparna Sharma arrested in Mum
Mumbai: Model and ex-Miss India contestant Aparna Sharma was arrested in a case of alleged rash driving in which a couple was injured here early this morning, police said on Saturday.
The model was later granted bail. Sharma was driving her Maruti SX4 car at a "very high speed" in Lokhandwala area in suburbs at about 1 AM and lost control over her vehicle and rammed it into a moving Honda City car, a motorcycle and a parked auto-rickshaw, they said.
A couple travelling in the Honda City car suffered minor injures, police said, adding that she was arrested immediately and later granted bail after furnishing a personal bond of Rs 10,000.
Her blood sample was sent for medical examination and the report suggested that she was not under the influence of alcohol, police.
Sharma has been booked under Sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 427 (mischief causing damage) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva