Rash driving: Model Aparna Sharma arrested in Mum
Mumbai: Model and ex-Miss India contestant Aparna Sharma was arrested in a case of alleged rash driving in which a couple was injured here early this morning, police said on Saturday.
The model was later granted bail. Sharma was driving her Maruti SX4 car at a "very high speed" in Lokhandwala area in suburbs at about 1 AM and lost control over her vehicle and rammed it into a moving Honda City car, a motorcycle and a parked auto-rickshaw, they said.
A couple travelling in the Honda City car suffered minor injures, police said, adding that she was arrested immediately and later granted bail after furnishing a personal bond of Rs 10,000.
Her blood sample was sent for medical examination and the report suggested that she was not under the influence of alcohol, police.
Sharma has been booked under Sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 427 (mischief causing damage) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of IPC, they added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector