Ration card out of list as address proof for mobile in Maha
New Delhi: Government has said from
September ration card will not be accepted as an identity
proof for getting a new mobile phone connection in
This has been communicated to the mobile operators by the
Department of Telecom.
"It has been decided that ration card will not be
accepted as a proof of identity/proof of address at the time
of acquisition of subscribers from September 1, 2010 in
Maharashtra and Mumbai service area," DoT said.
Recently, the Maharashtra government has said a ration
card should not be considered as proof of address or
Ration card is issued exclusively for obtaining essential
commodities from shops under the public distribution system.
It was accepted as address proof by the telecom firms for
issuing mobile connections.
However, as of now it is only limited to Maharashtra and
Mumbai service area only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown