Ration card out of list as address proof for mobile in Maha
New Delhi: Government has said from
September ration card will not be accepted as an identity
proof for getting a new mobile phone connection in
This has been communicated to the mobile operators by the
Department of Telecom.
"It has been decided that ration card will not be
accepted as a proof of identity/proof of address at the time
of acquisition of subscribers from September 1, 2010 in
Maharashtra and Mumbai service area," DoT said.
Recently, the Maharashtra government has said a ration
card should not be considered as proof of address or
Ration card is issued exclusively for obtaining essential
commodities from shops under the public distribution system.
It was accepted as address proof by the telecom firms for
issuing mobile connections.
However, as of now it is only limited to Maharashtra and
Mumbai service area only.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket