‘Raut, Joshi eyeing No. 2 post in Shiv Sena’
Mumbai: With no sign yet of ardent Shiv Sainiks willing to budge from the spot where Bal Thackeray was cremated, the son of a senior Maharashtra minister Wednesday sought to attribute personal motive of top Sena leaders for the clamour over the late patriarch`s memorial.
"Looks like Sanjay Raut and Manohar Joshi are eyeing the executive president post, once Uddhav Thackeray takes over as Sena Pramukh! No wonder the sudden love for Saheb`s memorial!," Nitesh, son of Industry Minister Narayan Rane tweeted.
Amid the controversy over Thackeray`s memorial, many Shiv Sainiks continue to guard the place at Shivaji Park where their leader was cremated.
They have also put up barricades at the cremation ground and declared that Bal Thackeray`s memorial should be build there.
Raut has said the memorial is an emotional issue and "requested" the Maharashtra government and judiciary not to intervene.
Since the last 10 days, Thackeray`s admirers have been paying homage at the cremation site where a temporary structure has already been put up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley