‘Raut, Joshi eyeing No. 2 post in Shiv Sena’
Mumbai: With no sign yet of ardent Shiv Sainiks willing to budge from the spot where Bal Thackeray was cremated, the son of a senior Maharashtra minister Wednesday sought to attribute personal motive of top Sena leaders for the clamour over the late patriarch`s memorial.
"Looks like Sanjay Raut and Manohar Joshi are eyeing the executive president post, once Uddhav Thackeray takes over as Sena Pramukh! No wonder the sudden love for Saheb`s memorial!," Nitesh, son of Industry Minister Narayan Rane tweeted.
Amid the controversy over Thackeray`s memorial, many Shiv Sainiks continue to guard the place at Shivaji Park where their leader was cremated.
They have also put up barricades at the cremation ground and declared that Bal Thackeray`s memorial should be build there.
Raut has said the memorial is an emotional issue and "requested" the Maharashtra government and judiciary not to intervene.
Since the last 10 days, Thackeray`s admirers have been paying homage at the cremation site where a temporary structure has already been put up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham