‘Raut, Joshi eyeing No. 2 post in Shiv Sena’
Mumbai: With no sign yet of ardent Shiv Sainiks willing to budge from the spot where Bal Thackeray was cremated, the son of a senior Maharashtra minister Wednesday sought to attribute personal motive of top Sena leaders for the clamour over the late patriarch`s memorial.
"Looks like Sanjay Raut and Manohar Joshi are eyeing the executive president post, once Uddhav Thackeray takes over as Sena Pramukh! No wonder the sudden love for Saheb`s memorial!," Nitesh, son of Industry Minister Narayan Rane tweeted.
Amid the controversy over Thackeray`s memorial, many Shiv Sainiks continue to guard the place at Shivaji Park where their leader was cremated.
They have also put up barricades at the cremation ground and declared that Bal Thackeray`s memorial should be build there.
Raut has said the memorial is an emotional issue and "requested" the Maharashtra government and judiciary not to intervene.
Since the last 10 days, Thackeray`s admirers have been paying homage at the cremation site where a temporary structure has already been put up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!