‘Raut, Joshi eyeing No. 2 post in Shiv Sena’
Mumbai: With no sign yet of ardent Shiv Sainiks willing to budge from the spot where Bal Thackeray was cremated, the son of a senior Maharashtra minister Wednesday sought to attribute personal motive of top Sena leaders for the clamour over the late patriarch`s memorial.
"Looks like Sanjay Raut and Manohar Joshi are eyeing the executive president post, once Uddhav Thackeray takes over as Sena Pramukh! No wonder the sudden love for Saheb`s memorial!," Nitesh, son of Industry Minister Narayan Rane tweeted.
Amid the controversy over Thackeray`s memorial, many Shiv Sainiks continue to guard the place at Shivaji Park where their leader was cremated.
They have also put up barricades at the cremation ground and declared that Bal Thackeray`s memorial should be build there.
Raut has said the memorial is an emotional issue and "requested" the Maharashtra government and judiciary not to intervene.
Since the last 10 days, Thackeray`s admirers have been paying homage at the cremation site where a temporary structure has already been put up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler