Raut regrets Saamna article against North Indians
New Delhi: Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut
is understood to have expressed regret today over the
controversial editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamna` which had
created a row in Parliament for its criticism of North
Indians, especially Biharis and leaders like Lalu Prasad.
Raut has expressed regret before the Privileges
Committee of the Rajya Sabha which had summoned him following
the editorial penned by Sena chief Bal Thackeray in March last
year, sources in the Committee said.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, is the Executive Editor of
the Sena mouthpiece. The Committee has not taken a final view
in the matter so far.
In the editorial, Thackeray had attacked MPs from
Uttar Pradesh and Bihar for allegedly launching anti-Marathi
tirade in Parliament.
The editorial was highly critical of Lalu Prasad and
senior JD-U leader Prabhunath Singh. Sources said the
Committee went through an English translation of the Article
written originally in Marathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing