Raut regrets Saamna article against North Indians
New Delhi: Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut
is understood to have expressed regret today over the
controversial editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamna` which had
created a row in Parliament for its criticism of North
Indians, especially Biharis and leaders like Lalu Prasad.
Raut has expressed regret before the Privileges
Committee of the Rajya Sabha which had summoned him following
the editorial penned by Sena chief Bal Thackeray in March last
year, sources in the Committee said.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, is the Executive Editor of
the Sena mouthpiece. The Committee has not taken a final view
in the matter so far.
In the editorial, Thackeray had attacked MPs from
Uttar Pradesh and Bihar for allegedly launching anti-Marathi
tirade in Parliament.
The editorial was highly critical of Lalu Prasad and
senior JD-U leader Prabhunath Singh. Sources said the
Committee went through an English translation of the Article
written originally in Marathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh