Rave party: Protection from arrest for 2 accused
Mumbai: Three days after 44 persons were declared to have tested positive for drugs following a police raid on rave party at a plush hotel in suburban Juhu last month, two of them have filed anticipatory bail applications in the special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act court.
"Supratik Roy and actor Amit Gaur have moved for an anticipatory bail and the court has given them protection from arrest till June 27," said their lawyer, advocate Taraq Sayyed.
The court also asked the police to clarify which charge under the NDPS act was applicable against the two, Sayyed said.
Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik announced last week that 44 out of 92 people who were rounded up from the party had tested positive for drug consumption. The results of the tests of other 46 participants, including IPL cricketers Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma, were yet to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!