Rave party: Protection from arrest for 2 accused
Mumbai: Three days after 44 persons were declared to have tested positive for drugs following a police raid on rave party at a plush hotel in suburban Juhu last month, two of them have filed anticipatory bail applications in the special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act court.
"Supratik Roy and actor Amit Gaur have moved for an anticipatory bail and the court has given them protection from arrest till June 27," said their lawyer, advocate Taraq Sayyed.
The court also asked the police to clarify which charge under the NDPS act was applicable against the two, Sayyed said.
Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik announced last week that 44 out of 92 people who were rounded up from the party had tested positive for drug consumption. The results of the tests of other 46 participants, including IPL cricketers Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma, were yet to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border