Rave party: Protection from arrest for 2 accused
Mumbai: Three days after 44 persons were declared to have tested positive for drugs following a police raid on rave party at a plush hotel in suburban Juhu last month, two of them have filed anticipatory bail applications in the special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act court.
"Supratik Roy and actor Amit Gaur have moved for an anticipatory bail and the court has given them protection from arrest till June 27," said their lawyer, advocate Taraq Sayyed.
The court also asked the police to clarify which charge under the NDPS act was applicable against the two, Sayyed said.
Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik announced last week that 44 out of 92 people who were rounded up from the party had tested positive for drug consumption. The results of the tests of other 46 participants, including IPL cricketers Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma, were yet to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what