Reaping what I sowed: Kasab to RR Patil
Mumbai: As you sow so shall you reap --
this was the response of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab when
Maharashtra opposition leader Eknath Khadse asked the 26/11
convict how he was feeling at the Arthur Road Jail here.
Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil, accompanied by
Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Khadse today visited
the jail here, where Kasab is lodged.
"The Leader of Opposition asked him (Kasab) how was he
feeling. He replied that `jaisa boya, waisa kata (I have
reaped what I sowed)," Patil told reporters later.
"More than this, I also did not want to speak (to
Kasab)," Patil said.
The minister said he found the jail overcrowded. "It
has a capacity of 781 inmates but in reality, around 2,000
prisoners are lodged here," Patil said.
The staff strength at the jail is also less than
one-third of the sanctioned strength, the minister said.
"We will shift some of them to the new Taloja jail
which has come up in adjoining Raigad district," he said.
The state government would also come up with a policy
on jail security in view of the towers that have come up in
the vicinity of the jail, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket