Recruitment scam: 70 booked in Akola dist
Akola: As many as 70 `Urdu primary
teachers` of Akola Zilla Parishad (ZP) and some office-bearers
of the selection committee of the ZP have been booked under
sections 420, 468 and 471 of Indian Penal Code in connection
with a `recruitment scam`.
They were booked yesterday. However, no arrest has
been made so far, police said.
Police has taken the action against the accused on the
basis of a complaint filed by Education Officer (Primary) of
Akola ZP Ashok Govind Giri. The scam involves Rs 1,46,21,165,
the complaint noted.
According to police, the teacher posts were actually
reserved for Scheduled Tribes (Adivasis), but were filled as
Urdu teachers on the basis of false caste certificates. The
word `Muslim` has been written on transfer certificate and not
a single Urdu teacher was retired during June to December
The scam occurred between 2001 and 2008 and the ZP
president, chief executive officer, chairman, education
committee, education officer and the district tribal
development project officer have expressed shock over the
However, these ZP higher-ups were also found
involved in the scam as prima facie is made out.
The police is in search of other culprits involved in
the scam. Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing