Recruitment scam: 70 booked in Akola dist
Akola: As many as 70 `Urdu primary
teachers` of Akola Zilla Parishad (ZP) and some office-bearers
of the selection committee of the ZP have been booked under
sections 420, 468 and 471 of Indian Penal Code in connection
with a `recruitment scam`.
They were booked yesterday. However, no arrest has
been made so far, police said.
Police has taken the action against the accused on the
basis of a complaint filed by Education Officer (Primary) of
Akola ZP Ashok Govind Giri. The scam involves Rs 1,46,21,165,
the complaint noted.
According to police, the teacher posts were actually
reserved for Scheduled Tribes (Adivasis), but were filled as
Urdu teachers on the basis of false caste certificates. The
word `Muslim` has been written on transfer certificate and not
a single Urdu teacher was retired during June to December
The scam occurred between 2001 and 2008 and the ZP
president, chief executive officer, chairman, education
committee, education officer and the district tribal
development project officer have expressed shock over the
However, these ZP higher-ups were also found
involved in the scam as prima facie is made out.
The police is in search of other culprits involved in
the scam. Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India