Recruitment scam: 70 booked in Akola dist
Akola: As many as 70 `Urdu primary
teachers` of Akola Zilla Parishad (ZP) and some office-bearers
of the selection committee of the ZP have been booked under
sections 420, 468 and 471 of Indian Penal Code in connection
with a `recruitment scam`.
They were booked yesterday. However, no arrest has
been made so far, police said.
Police has taken the action against the accused on the
basis of a complaint filed by Education Officer (Primary) of
Akola ZP Ashok Govind Giri. The scam involves Rs 1,46,21,165,
the complaint noted.
According to police, the teacher posts were actually
reserved for Scheduled Tribes (Adivasis), but were filled as
Urdu teachers on the basis of false caste certificates. The
word `Muslim` has been written on transfer certificate and not
a single Urdu teacher was retired during June to December
The scam occurred between 2001 and 2008 and the ZP
president, chief executive officer, chairman, education
committee, education officer and the district tribal
development project officer have expressed shock over the
However, these ZP higher-ups were also found
involved in the scam as prima facie is made out.
The police is in search of other culprits involved in
the scam. Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket