Recruitment scam: Ex-NDA commandant quizzed
Pune: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former Commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) Lt Gen Jatinder Singh in connection with alleged recruitment scam for the second consecutive day.
Superintendent of police with the CBI ACB Rajkumar Vhatkar confirmed the development, but refused to divulge any further details.
Jatinder Singh had been transferred out of the NDA by the Defence Ministry after the CBI booked its six employees including Col Kulbir Singh, the staff officer of the commandant, for allegedly taking bribes from candidates appearing for subordinate jobs including that of cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderly.
The scam had come to light in June and Jatinder Singh had to step down from his post as the NDA commandant the next month.
The CBI had earlier questioned Kulbir Singh, physical training officer Col A K Singh, a civilian staffer and five others in this connection.
The agency had arrested Kulbir Singh along with five others for allegedly receiving bribe from candidates during a recruitment drive at the NDA. All of them were released on bail.
The CBI had earlier alleged that the accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh from each candidate.
The investigative agency further said that the accused had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read