Recruitment scam: Ex-NDA commandant quizzed
Pune: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former Commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) Lt Gen Jatinder Singh in connection with alleged recruitment scam for the second consecutive day.
Superintendent of police with the CBI ACB Rajkumar Vhatkar confirmed the development, but refused to divulge any further details.
Jatinder Singh had been transferred out of the NDA by the Defence Ministry after the CBI booked its six employees including Col Kulbir Singh, the staff officer of the commandant, for allegedly taking bribes from candidates appearing for subordinate jobs including that of cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderly.
The scam had come to light in June and Jatinder Singh had to step down from his post as the NDA commandant the next month.
The CBI had earlier questioned Kulbir Singh, physical training officer Col A K Singh, a civilian staffer and five others in this connection.
The agency had arrested Kulbir Singh along with five others for allegedly receiving bribe from candidates during a recruitment drive at the NDA. All of them were released on bail.
The CBI had earlier alleged that the accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh from each candidate.
The investigative agency further said that the accused had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP