‘Red Corner Notice’ against Chhota Rajan?
Mumbai: With Chhota Rajan’s complicity in senior investigative journalist J Dey’s murder becoming clear, the Mumbai Police is all set to get a ‘Red Corner Notice’ issued against the dreaded gangster.
Maharashtra government today said that it would request the CBI to issue a red corner notice for gangster Chhota Rajan who is the main conspirator in the murder of senior journalist J Dey.
The move comes at a time when the police are claiming to have curtailed Rajan`s activities in the metropolis in a "big way" with the arrest of key operatives of the underworld don who challenged the cops by masterminding a number of crimes, including Dey’s murder and firing outside the home of Dawood Ibrahim`s brother.
Since May, city police have put behind bars at least 15 members of the Chhota Rajan gang.
Rajan`s close aide D K Rao, bookie Vinod Asrani, shooters Rohit Thangappan alias Satish Kalya, Umed-Ul-Rehman and other active members Anil Waghmode, and Aasid Jaan Shaikh were among those arrested in the past two months.
"With the arrest of these key associates of Rajan, we believe that we have cracked down or curtailed his activities in the city in a big way. Every day we put our all efforts to catch the wanted accused, no matter to which gang they belong to," Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
"As his activities increased in the past few months, we have taken it as a challenge and determined to nab his aides involved in the various crimes," he said.
The underworld don was involved in sensational killing of the city-based senior investigative journalist Jyotirmoy Dey (56), who was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne assailants in suburban Powai on June 11.
Another instance was of firing outside underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s brother Iqbal Kaskar`s residence on Pakmodia Street in south Mumbai on May 17, in which his bodyguard-cum-driver Arif Syed Abu Bukha was killed. Kaskar was not present at the spot when the incident happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley