Registration of 17 abortion centres cancelled in Thane
Thane: Amid spate of female foeticide cases coming to light in Maharashtra over the last few months, the registration of 17 abortion centres in Thane district has been cancelled by the health department for non-adherence to regulations.
The district health department has sent a detailed report to the state government regarding action taken against these abortion centres under the provisions of the PCPNDT Act of 1994, a report by the district health department stated today.
During the last one year, as many as 553 abortion centres were inspected of which 105 were found to be flouting rules and show cause notices had been sent to them, the report said, adding that the registration of 17 centres had been cancelled.
A total of 174 sonography centres were also inspected during the period and 13 found with irregularities had been sealed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days