Registration of 17 abortion centres cancelled in Thane
Thane: Amid spate of female foeticide cases coming to light in Maharashtra over the last few months, the registration of 17 abortion centres in Thane district has been cancelled by the health department for non-adherence to regulations.
The district health department has sent a detailed report to the state government regarding action taken against these abortion centres under the provisions of the PCPNDT Act of 1994, a report by the district health department stated today.
During the last one year, as many as 553 abortion centres were inspected of which 105 were found to be flouting rules and show cause notices had been sent to them, the report said, adding that the registration of 17 centres had been cancelled.
A total of 174 sonography centres were also inspected during the period and 13 found with irregularities had been sealed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP