`Reports of Munde joining Cong media speculation`
Hyderabad: Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh
on Sunday dismissed as speculation reports of senior BJP leader
from Maharashtra Gopinath Munde planning to join Congress.
Deshmukh, a Congress leader from Maharashtra and former
chief minister, however, admitted that Munde did phone him day
The minister, who was in Hyderabad to review the Rural
Development schemes being implemented in Andhra Pradesh,
blamed the media for creating "speculations" over his
telephonic conversation with Munde, saying "the only problem
is the way the things (political developments) are being
speculated in media.
"I had a telephonic talk with him (Munde), day before
yesterday. He is my neighbour... we live in the same building
(in Mumbai) and we are very old friends. All these are
speculations. I have nothing to say on this issue, because
Munde is a senior leader in the BJP. Let him take his own time
and own decision," Deshmukh replied when asked whether Munde
spoke of quitting BJP and joining Congress.
A section of media had reported that Munde was unhappy
with the treatment given to him by the BJP leadership and that
he was reportedly looking forward to leaving the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!