Resign and seek fresh mandate, BJP`s Munde tells Nitish Kumar
Mumbai: BJP`s deputy leader in the Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde demanded on Sunday that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should resign and seek a fresh mandate from the people.
"The people of Bihar had voted for the NDA and not for Nitish alone. He has betrayed not only the NDA but also the people. He should resign and seek a fresh mandate," Munde said in a statement.
Munde alleged that Nitish`s pullout from the NDA was a drama to attract Muslim votes.
"Nitish has been with the NDA for 17 years. Modi is part of the BJP since then. Why the opposition to Modi now," Munde asked.
He wondered why Nitish, who considered himself an Other Backward Class (OBC) leader opposed Narendra Modi who is also from an OBC community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone