Resign and seek fresh mandate, BJP`s Munde tells Nitish Kumar
Mumbai: BJP`s deputy leader in the Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde demanded on Sunday that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should resign and seek a fresh mandate from the people.
"The people of Bihar had voted for the NDA and not for Nitish alone. He has betrayed not only the NDA but also the people. He should resign and seek a fresh mandate," Munde said in a statement.
Munde alleged that Nitish`s pullout from the NDA was a drama to attract Muslim votes.
"Nitish has been with the NDA for 17 years. Modi is part of the BJP since then. Why the opposition to Modi now," Munde asked.
He wondered why Nitish, who considered himself an Other Backward Class (OBC) leader opposed Narendra Modi who is also from an OBC community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress