‘Revamp law to expedite execution of terrorists’
Mumbai: Former top police officials on Friday
said law should be revamped to expedite the execution of
convicted terrorists and also suggested that police needs to
strengthen their rapport with the people, particularly
minorities, to eradicate terrorism in the country.
Joginder Singh, former CBI director, said the menace of
terrorism can be eradicated if the law is revamped.
"Our judiciary system is still following the old norms.
If convicted terrorists are given immediate punishment, then
most of the problems can be solved," Singh said in a press
meet held at the Mumbai Press Club here.
The conference on topic "Mumbai Secure" was organised to
address the growing sense of threat to the city and the
increasing insecurity felt by the common Mumbaikar who seeks
solutions and answers.
Criticising the "outdated" law, Singh said, "What is the
status of the accused in the 1993 blasts case? Parliament
attacker is still taking rest in the jail. Mumbai terror
attacks accused Mohammed Ajmal Kasab is lodged in the jail and
we are feeding (him) biryani."
Prevention of terror attacks is not a one-day job, Singh
said adding, "Every day policemen have to put in efforts to
gather concrete information with regard to terrorism. This
would not be possible if there is shortage of policemen and
advanced equipment is not available."
Echoing similar view, Julio Ribeiro, former Punjab
Director General of Police, criticised the city police saying
it had lost its direction.
"Now-a-days, every police officer is working on how to
fill their pockets," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling