Revenue official kidnapped, robbed in Thane
Thane: A revenue official was abducted, robbed and made to sign some documents at knife point by four unidentified persons here, Thane rural police said on Thursday.
Vishnu Kedar Roundal, the nayab tehsildar at the Dahanu revenue office, received a call yesterday that some illegal excavation work was going on in his area of jurisdiction.
He was asked to come to the Charoti Naka to check the illegal work, assistant police inspector B T Chowdhary of Kasa police station said.
When Vishnu reached the place, four persons already waiting there in a jeep forced him inside the vehicle and took him to an unknown place in Manor of Palghar taluka where they allegedly forced him at knife point to sign some blank documents, according to the complaint lodged by the victim.
The victim later jumped out of the jeep to escape when it slowed down at some point. However, the four took away the cash that he had and his mobile phone, the complaint said.
Later, he reached the highway and informed Manor police about the incident. A complaint was later registered with Kasa police station.
A hunt is on for the four unknown men, police said, adding offences under sections 392 (robbery), 363 (kidnapping), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC have been registered against them.
Police are also trying to find out if the sand mafia was behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!