Revenue official kidnapped, robbed in Thane
Thane: A revenue official was abducted, robbed and made to sign some documents at knife point by four unidentified persons here, Thane rural police said on Thursday.
Vishnu Kedar Roundal, the nayab tehsildar at the Dahanu revenue office, received a call yesterday that some illegal excavation work was going on in his area of jurisdiction.
He was asked to come to the Charoti Naka to check the illegal work, assistant police inspector B T Chowdhary of Kasa police station said.
When Vishnu reached the place, four persons already waiting there in a jeep forced him inside the vehicle and took him to an unknown place in Manor of Palghar taluka where they allegedly forced him at knife point to sign some blank documents, according to the complaint lodged by the victim.
The victim later jumped out of the jeep to escape when it slowed down at some point. However, the four took away the cash that he had and his mobile phone, the complaint said.
Later, he reached the highway and informed Manor police about the incident. A complaint was later registered with Kasa police station.
A hunt is on for the four unknown men, police said, adding offences under sections 392 (robbery), 363 (kidnapping), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC have been registered against them.
Police are also trying to find out if the sand mafia was behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2