Review of safety in hospitals ordered in Maha
Mumbai: Taking a serious view of the
devastating fire in a private hospital in Kolkata, Maharashtra
government on Friday asked its Fire Safety Department to review
the arrangements at the government and private hospitals in
Health Minister Suresh Shetty said, the Fire safety
Department will review the fire safety arrangements at the
state-run hospitals and submit its report immediately.
He said the step has been taken in view of the fire in
Kolkata hospital which killed 70 patients early this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka