RK Laxman`s family recalls bond with cartoonist Bal Thackeray
Pune: Even though they worked together in Free Press Journal way back in 1947 as political cartoonists, the bond between Bal Thackeray and legendary RK Laxman remained intact thorough the passage of time, spanning decades.
The last gesture the Shiv Sena supremo made to his cartoonist friend was sending of a bouquet to Laxman at his Pune residence when the latter turned 91 on October 24, Usha, daughter-in-law of RK Laxman told a news agency.
"Their emotional attachment had become more intense in the last few years after RK suffered a stroke. Balasaheb visited him in Breach Candy hospital to boost his spirit saying the mind should triumph over body," she recalled.
In a rare visit outside Mumbai earlier this year, Thackeray came down to Pune to meet ailing Laxman at his residence in the city and spent almost an hour with him.
"He even recommended a homoeopath to treat his ailment and presented a silver image of Saibaba", she said, adding the family deeply grieved the demise of someone who was close to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?