Robbers shot at private firm staffer, loot Rs 9.5lakh
Indore: An employee of a private firm was today injured when unidentified bike-borne robbers fired at him before fleeing with Rs 9.5 lakh in cash he was carrying, police said.
The incident took place on Sanver-Indore Road when Mahesh Karmani and Sudhakar Thakkar were going to Mandi on their motorcycle to distribute salary to employees, they said.
"The duo were carrying Rs 9.5 lakh cash which they had withdrawn from SBI branch at Sanver," police said.
According to police, the assailants, who had covered their faces with masks, chased the duo for few kilometres before making them stop and fired a round which hit Thakkar in his shoulder.
Thakkar was rushed to a private hospital, where his condition is stated to be stable, they said, adding efforts are on to trace the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video