Robbers shot at private firm staffer, loot Rs 9.5lakh
Indore: An employee of a private firm was today injured when unidentified bike-borne robbers fired at him before fleeing with Rs 9.5 lakh in cash he was carrying, police said.
The incident took place on Sanver-Indore Road when Mahesh Karmani and Sudhakar Thakkar were going to Mandi on their motorcycle to distribute salary to employees, they said.
"The duo were carrying Rs 9.5 lakh cash which they had withdrawn from SBI branch at Sanver," police said.
According to police, the assailants, who had covered their faces with masks, chased the duo for few kilometres before making them stop and fired a round which hit Thakkar in his shoulder.
Thakkar was rushed to a private hospital, where his condition is stated to be stable, they said, adding efforts are on to trace the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event