Robbers shot at private firm staffer, loot Rs 9.5lakh
Indore: An employee of a private firm was today injured when unidentified bike-borne robbers fired at him before fleeing with Rs 9.5 lakh in cash he was carrying, police said.
The incident took place on Sanver-Indore Road when Mahesh Karmani and Sudhakar Thakkar were going to Mandi on their motorcycle to distribute salary to employees, they said.
"The duo were carrying Rs 9.5 lakh cash which they had withdrawn from SBI branch at Sanver," police said.
According to police, the assailants, who had covered their faces with masks, chased the duo for few kilometres before making them stop and fired a round which hit Thakkar in his shoulder.
Thakkar was rushed to a private hospital, where his condition is stated to be stable, they said, adding efforts are on to trace the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video