Robbery attempt foiled in Thane, one held
Thane: An attempt of robbery at a jeweller
shop on Mira Road in Thane district was foiled and one person was held last night, police said.
Around 9.15 pm, when S B Acharya, owner of the Srikrupa Mangalore Jewellers, was closing his shop, two men approached him and threatened him with revolvers, they said.
However, the shop owner immediately rushed out and raised
an alarm. Confused with this sudden act, the duo also ran out.
However, people in the vicinity, who rushed to the spot,
managed to catch hold of one of them. The other person,
however, managed to run away and attacked a couple of people
with a knife while escaping, police added.
The person detained has been identified as John D`souza.
Police have launched a search to nab the other.
Meanwhile two persons, who received injuries in the
knife-attack, were treated at the local hospital.
The Mira road police have registered an offence under
sections 393 (robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder) against the
two and further investigations are on police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you