Robbery attempt foiled in Thane, one held
Thane: An attempt of robbery at a jeweller
shop on Mira Road in Thane district was foiled and one person was held last night, police said.
Around 9.15 pm, when S B Acharya, owner of the Srikrupa Mangalore Jewellers, was closing his shop, two men approached him and threatened him with revolvers, they said.
However, the shop owner immediately rushed out and raised
an alarm. Confused with this sudden act, the duo also ran out.
However, people in the vicinity, who rushed to the spot,
managed to catch hold of one of them. The other person,
however, managed to run away and attacked a couple of people
with a knife while escaping, police added.
The person detained has been identified as John D`souza.
Police have launched a search to nab the other.
Meanwhile two persons, who received injuries in the
knife-attack, were treated at the local hospital.
The Mira road police have registered an offence under
sections 393 (robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder) against the
two and further investigations are on police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand