Robbery attempt foiled in Thane, one held
Thane: An attempt of robbery at a jeweller
shop on Mira Road in Thane district was foiled and one person was held last night, police said.
Around 9.15 pm, when S B Acharya, owner of the Srikrupa Mangalore Jewellers, was closing his shop, two men approached him and threatened him with revolvers, they said.
However, the shop owner immediately rushed out and raised
an alarm. Confused with this sudden act, the duo also ran out.
However, people in the vicinity, who rushed to the spot,
managed to catch hold of one of them. The other person,
however, managed to run away and attacked a couple of people
with a knife while escaping, police added.
The person detained has been identified as John D`souza.
Police have launched a search to nab the other.
Meanwhile two persons, who received injuries in the
knife-attack, were treated at the local hospital.
The Mira road police have registered an offence under
sections 393 (robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder) against the
two and further investigations are on police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand