Robbery attempt foiled in Thane, one held
Thane: An attempt of robbery at a jeweller
shop on Mira Road in Thane district was foiled and one person was held last night, police said.
Around 9.15 pm, when S B Acharya, owner of the Srikrupa Mangalore Jewellers, was closing his shop, two men approached him and threatened him with revolvers, they said.
However, the shop owner immediately rushed out and raised
an alarm. Confused with this sudden act, the duo also ran out.
However, people in the vicinity, who rushed to the spot,
managed to catch hold of one of them. The other person,
however, managed to run away and attacked a couple of people
with a knife while escaping, police added.
The person detained has been identified as John D`souza.
Police have launched a search to nab the other.
Meanwhile two persons, who received injuries in the
knife-attack, were treated at the local hospital.
The Mira road police have registered an offence under
sections 393 (robbery) and 307 (attempt to murder) against the
two and further investigations are on police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Federal Alliance hints at joining new govt in Nepal
- Great Red Spot the source of heat on Jupiter: Scientists
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed