Robbery bid at SBI on NDA campus in Pune
Pune: After all the threat alerts issued by intelligence agencies who had been asked to beef up security at major defence installations in the city, another breach of security was reported inside the National Defence Academy (NDA) premises.
An unidentified robber broke into State Bank of India (SBI) located inside the NDA campus between August 30 to 31. The branch manager Sanjeev Shivram Gosavi (50) first noticed something wrong with the safety locker’s lock when he went to the bank on Saturday.
He then lodged a complaint with the Warje Malwadi police. The fresh robbery attempt had the Warje Malwadi police worried about the security at the NDA. The robber is still at large.
The robber allegedly tried to break the main locker room of the bank, but could not do so as the lock was strong. The police wonder why the bank’s alarm was off on August 30.
Police sub-inspector SS Tate of NDA police chowky said, “We are surprised how the robber managed to get inside despite the tight security. This is the second incident in the recent past where the security has been breached.”
“We have collected CCTV footage from the bank and found that the person had broken the window to come inside the bank. He also tried to break the main locker, but did not succeed,” Tate said.
NDA spokesperson refused to comment on the matter saying that they will be issuing a detailed statement on the issue soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?