Rosaiah speaks to Chavan, asks him to let Naidu visit Babhli dam
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah on Sunday spoke to his Maharashtra counterpart Ashok Chavan urging him to let a Telugu Desam Party team led by party Chief N Chandrababu Naidu to visit the controversial Babhli barrage.
The TDP chief and 74 partymen were arrested by Maharashtra Police at Dharmabad during the protest over an irrigation project in Babhli and remanded to two days judicial
custody yesterday after they refused to take bail.
"I also requested him to permit them to go around and have a look at it. So, I told him please provide necessary bandobast and help and allow them to go around," Rosaiah told
Naidu and the others, arrested on Friday night, were offered bail by the court and asked to furnish a personal bond for the release but they refused to take the relief, after
which Judicial Magistrate First Class Deepak Matha sent them to two days judicial custody.
TDP has called a state-wide bandh in Andhra Pradesh tomorrow in protest against the arrest of Naidu and 74 legislators.
Senior TDP leader Y Ramakrishnudu demanded an apology from Maharshtra government for arresting Naidu.
He demanded the Prime Minister intervene to resolve the issue.
Rosaiah, who is going to Delhi this evening, should get the problem solved, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what