Rosaiah speaks to Chavan, asks him to let Naidu visit Babhli dam
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah on Sunday spoke to his Maharashtra counterpart Ashok Chavan urging him to let a Telugu Desam Party team led by party Chief N Chandrababu Naidu to visit the controversial Babhli barrage.
The TDP chief and 74 partymen were arrested by Maharashtra Police at Dharmabad during the protest over an irrigation project in Babhli and remanded to two days judicial
custody yesterday after they refused to take bail.
"I also requested him to permit them to go around and have a look at it. So, I told him please provide necessary bandobast and help and allow them to go around," Rosaiah told
Naidu and the others, arrested on Friday night, were offered bail by the court and asked to furnish a personal bond for the release but they refused to take the relief, after
which Judicial Magistrate First Class Deepak Matha sent them to two days judicial custody.
TDP has called a state-wide bandh in Andhra Pradesh tomorrow in protest against the arrest of Naidu and 74 legislators.
Senior TDP leader Y Ramakrishnudu demanded an apology from Maharshtra government for arresting Naidu.
He demanded the Prime Minister intervene to resolve the issue.
Rosaiah, who is going to Delhi this evening, should get the problem solved, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar