Rosamma murder: Maha Guv seeks report
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has asked the Home Minister R R Patil for a status report on the investigation in the murder case of nurse Rosamma Antony.
Antony, a Head Nurse working with Golden Park hospital, Vasai Road (West), Thane district was found dead at her residence in Vasai on April 4, 2012.
In a letter to the Home Minister, the Governor has asked Patil to apprise him of the progress achieved in the investigation of the case during the last one year.
The Governor wrote to the Home Minister following receipt of a letter from Abraham Mathai, President, Harmony Foundation and Ex-Vice Chairman, State Minorities Commission complaining that the culprits in the alleged murder case had not been arrested even after passage of one year.
A delegation of `Justice to Rosamma Antony` Citizens` Action Committee had presented a memorandum to the Governor on June 1, 2012, last year expressing anger and disappointment over the slow pace of investigation in the murder case, an official release said.
The Governor`s office had sent the representation to the Home department for appropriate action, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details