Rosamma murder: Maha Guv seeks report
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has asked the Home Minister R R Patil for a status report on the investigation in the murder case of nurse Rosamma Antony.
Antony, a Head Nurse working with Golden Park hospital, Vasai Road (West), Thane district was found dead at her residence in Vasai on April 4, 2012.
In a letter to the Home Minister, the Governor has asked Patil to apprise him of the progress achieved in the investigation of the case during the last one year.
The Governor wrote to the Home Minister following receipt of a letter from Abraham Mathai, President, Harmony Foundation and Ex-Vice Chairman, State Minorities Commission complaining that the culprits in the alleged murder case had not been arrested even after passage of one year.
A delegation of `Justice to Rosamma Antony` Citizens` Action Committee had presented a memorandum to the Governor on June 1, 2012, last year expressing anger and disappointment over the slow pace of investigation in the murder case, an official release said.
The Governor`s office had sent the representation to the Home department for appropriate action, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie