Rosamma murder: Maha Guv seeks report
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has asked the Home Minister R R Patil for a status report on the investigation in the murder case of nurse Rosamma Antony.
Antony, a Head Nurse working with Golden Park hospital, Vasai Road (West), Thane district was found dead at her residence in Vasai on April 4, 2012.
In a letter to the Home Minister, the Governor has asked Patil to apprise him of the progress achieved in the investigation of the case during the last one year.
The Governor wrote to the Home Minister following receipt of a letter from Abraham Mathai, President, Harmony Foundation and Ex-Vice Chairman, State Minorities Commission complaining that the culprits in the alleged murder case had not been arrested even after passage of one year.
A delegation of `Justice to Rosamma Antony` Citizens` Action Committee had presented a memorandum to the Governor on June 1, 2012, last year expressing anger and disappointment over the slow pace of investigation in the murder case, an official release said.
The Governor`s office had sent the representation to the Home department for appropriate action, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj