RPI flays Pawar for "voting twice" remark, demands action
Mumbai: Republican Party of India (A) today criticised NCP chief Sharad Pawar for asking his party workers to vote twice and asked the Election Commission to check his statement and take appropriate action.
"We will not tolerate bogus voting. We will strongly oppose them (NCP). The Election Commission of India (ECI) should check his statement and take action accordingly," RPI(A) chief Ramdas Athawale told reporters here.
RPI(A) is an ally in the `Mahayuti` in Maharashtra. He however, said that the Maratha strongman usually does not make such "illegal statements."
Athawale`s party colleague and ex-IPS officer PK Jain said, "the statement made by Pawar was a serious one. Action could be taken against him."
In potentially controversial remarks, the Union Agriculture Minister today asked his party workers to take advantage of the multi-phase polling in the state by voting twice, first at their hometowns and then at places of work.
Meanwhile, former IPS officer SP Pathak, former judge Ashok Khillare and MNS leader Aziz Nawab Sheikh joined the Dalit outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani