RPI leader Athavale meets Bal Thackeray at Matoshree
Mumbai: A meeting between Shiv Sena chief
Bal Thackeray and Republican Party of India (RPI) leader
Ramdas Athavale at the former`s residence Matoshree here
has created a flutter in the political circles.
The two leaders met Tuesday afternoon for an hour over
tea, Sena sources said. Thackeray also talked to the RPI
activists who had come with Athavale for 15 minutes, sources added.
"Thackeray asked the RPI leaders and activists to
join hands with Sena. He told them to think it over, and
talk to Uddhav (Sena`s executive president)," sources
However, Athavale later denied that he discussed
politics with the Shiv Sena supremo.
"There was no political discussion between us. It was
a courtesy call on the Sena chief, though we have differences
over certain issues. I greeted him for his recent birthday,"
Athavale told reporters after the meeting.
Thackeray celebrated his 85th birthday on January 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof