RPI leader Athavale meets Bal Thackeray at Matoshree
Mumbai: A meeting between Shiv Sena chief
Bal Thackeray and Republican Party of India (RPI) leader
Ramdas Athavale at the former`s residence Matoshree here
has created a flutter in the political circles.
The two leaders met Tuesday afternoon for an hour over
tea, Sena sources said. Thackeray also talked to the RPI
activists who had come with Athavale for 15 minutes, sources added.
"Thackeray asked the RPI leaders and activists to
join hands with Sena. He told them to think it over, and
talk to Uddhav (Sena`s executive president)," sources
However, Athavale later denied that he discussed
politics with the Shiv Sena supremo.
"There was no political discussion between us. It was
a courtesy call on the Sena chief, though we have differences
over certain issues. I greeted him for his recent birthday,"
Athavale told reporters after the meeting.
Thackeray celebrated his 85th birthday on January 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP