RPI(A) demands `Reliance Metro` to be changed to Mumbai Metro
Mumbai: Republican Party of India (Athawale) on Wednesday objected to naming of the city metro service as `Reliance Metro` and demanded it should be renamed as `Mumbai Metro`.
RPI (Athawale) workers protested at a metro station in Andheri here today and blackened the name `Reliance` written on the metro car.
RPI (A) president Ramdas Athavale objected to the name of `Reliance Metro` being printed on metro trains as well as platforms and demanded that it to be known as `Mumbai Metro` instead.
Athavale told reporters that he has asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Reliance Infrastructure officials to make the neccessary changes in seven days.
"Otherwise, we will stop the ongoing work," he said. Athavale said Reliance Infrastructure official Devyani Kiran had met him yesterday and informed him that the group owned 76 per cent shares in the project while Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) had only 24 per cent of the shares.
The Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Infrastructure has been served a notice by MMRDA, objecting to the company`s name on trains and platforms.
Athavale said that his party would launch a signature drive in support of its demand and submit the same to MMRDA commissioner UPS Madan and the Maharashtra Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview