RRB job scam: CBI nabs one more, number of accused rises to 11
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of
Investigation (CBI) today arrested one more person in the
alleged multi-crore rupees railway recruitment scam.
Manish Patesaria, a railway contractor of Mumbai, was
apprehended, taking the number of those arrested by CBI in
connection with the scam to 11 persons, CBI DIG (Hyderabad
Zone) V V Lakshmi Narayana said.
CBI had on June 19 claimed to have unearthed a
multi-crore rupees railway recruitment scam and arrested eight
persons, including Vivek Bhardwaj Sharma, son of suspended
chairman of Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai, S N Sharma, A
K Jagannatham, the then ADRM in Raipur and his son Srujan.
After being accorded permission by the Ministry of
Railways (Railway Board) to probe the role of S N Sharma in
the leakage of question papers, CBI arrested him and also G
Sethi, senior divisional personnel officer at Raipur in
connection with the same case.
CBI alleged the accused in the scam used to charge Rs 3.5
lakh from an aspirant to leak the question paper for the exam
for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot and Assistant
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on