RRB job scam: CBI nabs one more, number of accused rises to 11
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of
Investigation (CBI) today arrested one more person in the
alleged multi-crore rupees railway recruitment scam.
Manish Patesaria, a railway contractor of Mumbai, was
apprehended, taking the number of those arrested by CBI in
connection with the scam to 11 persons, CBI DIG (Hyderabad
Zone) V V Lakshmi Narayana said.
CBI had on June 19 claimed to have unearthed a
multi-crore rupees railway recruitment scam and arrested eight
persons, including Vivek Bhardwaj Sharma, son of suspended
chairman of Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai, S N Sharma, A
K Jagannatham, the then ADRM in Raipur and his son Srujan.
After being accorded permission by the Ministry of
Railways (Railway Board) to probe the role of S N Sharma in
the leakage of question papers, CBI arrested him and also G
Sethi, senior divisional personnel officer at Raipur in
connection with the same case.
CBI alleged the accused in the scam used to charge Rs 3.5
lakh from an aspirant to leak the question paper for the exam
for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot and Assistant
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch