Rs 2 lakh compensation for Maharashtra bus accident victims` kin
Mumbai: Maharashtra government on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the victims of today`s bus accident at Khed in Ratnagiri district, which claimed 37 lives.
The government also announced Rs 50,000 to the injured.
The announcement was made in the Legislative Assembly by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal informed the legislature that the death toll in the accident is 37 and the number of injured is 12.
"According to the preliminary information, the bus driver apparently lost control over the vehicle," Bhujbal said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
In his message the Governor said, "I was deeply saddened to know about the loss of lives caused by the unfortunate road accident near Khed earlier in the day today.
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to those who lost their near and dear ones in the accident and wish speedy recovery to the injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue