Rs 2 lakh compensation for Maharashtra bus accident victims` kin
Mumbai: Maharashtra government on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the victims of today`s bus accident at Khed in Ratnagiri district, which claimed 37 lives.
The government also announced Rs 50,000 to the injured.
The announcement was made in the Legislative Assembly by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal informed the legislature that the death toll in the accident is 37 and the number of injured is 12.
"According to the preliminary information, the bus driver apparently lost control over the vehicle," Bhujbal said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
In his message the Governor said, "I was deeply saddened to know about the loss of lives caused by the unfortunate road accident near Khed earlier in the day today.
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to those who lost their near and dear ones in the accident and wish speedy recovery to the injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH