Rs 21L, gold, property papers recovered form doctor`s house
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has
recovered Rs 21.15 lakh in cash, fix deposit receipts of Rs 35 lakh, gold ornaments and property papers from the residence of
a local civil surgeon who was allegedly caught accepting a
bribe, officials said Wednesday.
Pramod Chapalgaonkar, Civil Surgeon of Nashik Civil
Hospital, was trapped by ACB while accepting a bribe of Rs 500
from a woman staffer for issuing her a medical fitness
certificate here last evening.
The property papers related to assets purchased in Thane, Pune and Aurangabad, they said.
Briefing newspersons today, ACB Superintendent Harish
Baijal said cash, fix deposit receipts, ornaments and property
papers were recovered during a search at Chapalgaonkar`s
official house here last night.
Chapalgaonkar has been arrested and will be produced
in the local court for remand, Baijal said.
Chapalgaonkar, during his tenure as Civil Surgeon at
neighbouring Jalgaon, was trapped while accepting a bribe of
Rs 2,000 in 2002 from a patient. However, he was cleared in
that case, ACB sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!