Rs 21L, gold, property papers recovered form doctor`s house
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has
recovered Rs 21.15 lakh in cash, fix deposit receipts of Rs 35 lakh, gold ornaments and property papers from the residence of
a local civil surgeon who was allegedly caught accepting a
bribe, officials said Wednesday.
Pramod Chapalgaonkar, Civil Surgeon of Nashik Civil
Hospital, was trapped by ACB while accepting a bribe of Rs 500
from a woman staffer for issuing her a medical fitness
certificate here last evening.
The property papers related to assets purchased in Thane, Pune and Aurangabad, they said.
Briefing newspersons today, ACB Superintendent Harish
Baijal said cash, fix deposit receipts, ornaments and property
papers were recovered during a search at Chapalgaonkar`s
official house here last night.
Chapalgaonkar has been arrested and will be produced
in the local court for remand, Baijal said.
Chapalgaonkar, during his tenure as Civil Surgeon at
neighbouring Jalgaon, was trapped while accepting a bribe of
Rs 2,000 in 2002 from a patient. However, he was cleared in
that case, ACB sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?