Rs 21L, gold, property papers recovered form doctor`s house
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has
recovered Rs 21.15 lakh in cash, fix deposit receipts of Rs 35 lakh, gold ornaments and property papers from the residence of
a local civil surgeon who was allegedly caught accepting a
bribe, officials said Wednesday.
Pramod Chapalgaonkar, Civil Surgeon of Nashik Civil
Hospital, was trapped by ACB while accepting a bribe of Rs 500
from a woman staffer for issuing her a medical fitness
certificate here last evening.
The property papers related to assets purchased in Thane, Pune and Aurangabad, they said.
Briefing newspersons today, ACB Superintendent Harish
Baijal said cash, fix deposit receipts, ornaments and property
papers were recovered during a search at Chapalgaonkar`s
official house here last night.
Chapalgaonkar has been arrested and will be produced
in the local court for remand, Baijal said.
Chapalgaonkar, during his tenure as Civil Surgeon at
neighbouring Jalgaon, was trapped while accepting a bribe of
Rs 2,000 in 2002 from a patient. However, he was cleared in
that case, ACB sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents