Rs 23 lakh looted from bank ATM in Thane
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt for a security guard-cum-caretaker of a bank ATM who decamped with Rs 23 lakh from the cash dispensing machine near here.
The incident took place last evening at Bhayander, a distant suburb of Mumbai, Prashant Deshpande, Thane Deputy Superintendent of Police, said on Saturday.
He said at around 6 pm, the security guard on duty informed the maintenance personnel that the ATM, belonging to State Bank of India and located near Bhayander railway station, was not functioning.
When a man from the maintenance firm arrived and opened the machine, the guard took out a knife and threatened him. He dragged the man inside the other room in the ATM centre and tied him there. The guard then took out Rs 23 lakh from the ATM and fled, Deshpande said.
He said police have registered a complaint and a search was on for the guard, whose identity was not disclosed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why