Rs 2.5 lakh reward for info on Kurla rapist
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs 2.5 lakh for anyone giving
information on the `Kurla rapist`.
The announcement comes in the wake of panic created by
the third case of rape and murder of a minor girl in Nehru
Nagar in Kurla recently.
"We are announcing a reward of Rs 2.5 lakh for
information on the case," Patil told reporters at Mantralaya.
Nehru Nagar station senior police inspector Kale has been
transferred, he said.
Patil yesterday said police vigilance has been increased
near all schools in the city. There is no need for parents to
worry about the safety of their children, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17