Rs 2,505 cr plan for Nashik Kumbh Mela
Nashik: The Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has given approval to spend Rs 2,505 crore for carrying out infrastructure projects ahead of the spiritual mega event `Kumbh Mela` to be held here in 2015-2016.
Nashik Mayor Yatin Wagh told this to reporters after the general body meeting held yesterday.
Expecting a turnout of 50 lakh pilgrims during the kumbh mela, the civic body has planned various projects, like setting up camps for the sadhus and mahants, renovation of Godavari ghat, laying a drainage system and construction of roads and bridges, among others.
"As per the action plan, the bank of the river Godavari would be developed on the lines of Gujarat`s Sabarmati river front. Considering a stampede during the last kumbh mela in Nashik, disaster management projects would also be put in place under the plan," Wagh said.
The civic general body has now decided to follow up with the state government and the Centre to seek funds for the plan, he added.
According to sources, out of the total outlay, Rs 1,350 crore would be spent on PWD projects, Rs 664 crore for land acquisition purposes and Rs 152 crore for water supply projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!