Rs 3 crore worth disproportionate assets seized from top Indore official
Indore: Lokayukta police conducted a raid on Thursday against Labour Department Deputy Commissioner LP Pathak and recovered details of properties worth over Rs 3 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The raids were simultaneously conducted at Pathak`s three properties (Indore, Pigdambar near Indore and in Singrauli district`s Chandrawar village) following a tip-off.
During the raid, details of his properties worth over Rs 3 crore were recovered, sources said.
Pathak owned a duplex house, a flat, five plots and 40 acres of agricultural land, which is highly disproportionate to his known sources of income in proportion to his total service of 30 years, they said.
Lokayukta sleuths also recovered Rs 1.70 lakh in cash, 525 grams of gold and 11 kg of silver ornaments from his Indore residence.
Pathak and his family members have also constructed a temple and few buildings worth Rs 3 crore in their ancestral village of Chandrawar, the sources said.
He also had Rs 14 lakh cash in his bank accounts and had invested Rs 16 lakh in insurance policies, besides investment worth Rs 2 lakh in shares and bonds, sources said.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him, even as final valuation of his total assets is underway, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love