Rs 30 cr to be spent on CCTVs in Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: A day after NCP chief Sharad Pawar criticised the functioning of the state Home Department, Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar on Sunday reviewed the security scenario in Pune and declared that Rs 30 crore will be made available to set up CCTVs in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad cities.
Ajit Pawar, who is the Guardian Minister of Pune, met ATS Chief Rakesh Maria, Pune Police Commissioner Gulabrao Pol and other top police and administrative officers to take stock of the security situation after the serial blasts in Pune last Wednesday.
The meeting took place in the government guest house in Pune city. Home Minister RR Patil was not present at the meeting.
Pawar, who holds the Finance portfolio as well, said Rs 30 crore would be sanctioned for setting up CCTV network in the two cities to help maintain law and order.
"Out of the Rs 30 crore funds, Rs 10 crore would be borne by the state government, Rs 10 crore from MLA and MP development fund and Rs 7.5 crore from Pune Municipal Corporation and Rs 2.5 crore from Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal corporation," he said.
A committee of senior police and administration officers has been set up for the purchase of the CCTV equipments.
Pawar said the process of procurement should be completed in a month`s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'