Rs 31.40 crore spent on Kasab`s protection
New Delhi: Nearly Rs 31.40 crore has been spent by the government on the protection of Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who carried out the Mumbai terror attack and was hanged last month.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh said as per information furnished by Maharashtra government and Indo-Tibetan Border Police, as on November 23, 2012, an amount of Rs 31,39,02,589 has been spent on the protection of Kasab.
While Maharashtra government has spent Rs 1.50 crore since 2008 when Kasab was arrested during the three-day mayhem in Mumbai, Rs 29.88 crore has been spent by the ITBP for his protection, Singh told Rajya Sabha today.
The LET terrorist was part of the ten-member gang who carried out India`s worst terrorist attack that claimed 166 lives.
Till Kasab was hanged in Pune`s Yerwada jail on November 21, he was kept in Mumbai`s high-security Arthur Road Jail under the protection of ITBP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter